This delicious salad makes enough for 2 large salads or 4 side salads! It is great to make at the beginning of the week, so you can enjoy it for a few days in a row at lunch time!
Large bunch of kale
1 medium bulb of fennel
1 can mandarins
1 pint Blueberries
⅓ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1 brick Cranberry Havarti Cheese
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp humus (any flavour you wish!)
1 freshly squeezed lemon
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp minced garlic
¼ tsp each of freshly ground pepper and sea salt
- After thoroughly washing the kale, remove the ribs from the kale and chop the kale into small pieces. Put in a large salad bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Slice the fennel as thinly as possible.
- Chop the brick of Great Lakes Goat Dairy Cranberry Havarti Cheese into small cubes.
- Toast the pepitas in a skillet over medium low heat, tossing frequently until fragrant. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Add the fennel, mandarin, blueberries, cheese and slightly cooled pepitas to the Kale.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad. You may not have to use all of it. Toss well, and add more dressing if desired.
- Let the salad sit for at least 15 minutes before eating. Let all those flavours get friendly!!
Leave a comment