Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
This is the great appetizer or main dish to make that the whole family will love! It is simple, creamy and healthy! Be sure to save this one for a delicious dinner!
9 cups chopped cauliflower
2 stalks celery, diced
1 onion, chopped
3 potatoes, peeled and diced
2 tsp minced garlic
Pepper, to taste
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded Mild Cheddar Goat Cheese, divided
1/4 tsp salt
- In a large pot combine cauliflower, celery, onion, potatoes, garlic, pepper to taste, chicken broth, and water; and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to medium to low heat, cover and leave on low boil for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Whisk flour into milk; pour into pot. Cook on medium heat for three minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender in a pot or transferring in batches, add to blender and purée.
- Return to pot, if necessary. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until bubbling
- Remove from heat and add one cup of cheese. Season with pepper and salt.
- When serving, sprinkle cheese on top!
Prep. time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min